Sunday 9 August 2020

Experiencing the Bombay in Mumbai with that Girl

Hello there,
Welcome again!

Is it raining or still hot & humid?
Probably these are the two weather conditions most of the Mumbaikars are more accustomed to, but back then when I went to Mumbai, it was a bit cold. 
It feels more, even if it isn't. Especially when you just harked back from a heartwarming but freezing trip of North India in mid-December. 

Yes! It was mid-December and I just came back from a week-long college tour with Shimla, Manali, New Delhi, Chandigarh & Amritsar being the major halts.
A bit tired, but I was ready with my further plans for the rest of the month. 

With my bags swaying alongside I arrived at Amravati station around 10 in the morning.
What's next? Unpacking?
No way!
I was back again on my way to Mumbai (or Bombay as for the fact that this word gives a feel).
With my tickets already booked & my team being excited and with at par entho, I started my journey towards this City of Dreams for the third consecutive year. 

Ohh!
Did I just forget to mention, what my team was so excited for?
It was Mood Indigo, Asia's Biggest Cultural Festival. It's a 4-5 days long fest with footprints being in lakhs & celebs in hundreds, not just from India but from all over the world. Talent from across the continent come up at this fest & showcase it to the world.
Plenty of competitions are being organized, covering different genres of copious art forms. Of those, we were there for Dance. 
Though we gave our best shot, it was not enough for the level of Mood-i.

Thus, with those rejective results underneath, we hover to enjoy numerous concerts and pro-nite shows for the rest of the days. Also, who won't like to explore Mumbai, to wander on the seashore, Juhu, Marine Drive, Gateway, etc etc. 
No matter what, we all have a separate corner in our heart, for our love towards these Bombay sites.

On the last day, we friends peregrinated over different parts of the city and went to CSMT. Few of them wanted to visit Marine Drive, while there was one girl who wanted to meet her friend.
As this was my 3rd time, I chose to stay there at the Fashion Street where the girl was supposed to meet her friend. I never wanted to be the Kabab me Haddi, so I was rambling over the street. With that, we forgot that we have had to head back to the railway station, not CSMT but LTT.
The troop which enjoyed the Marine sights reached CSMT & took local. 
Now I was left with that girl, unable to contact them as my mobile was dead.

Okay, perfect time, let me confess something-
Though I have had the experience of Mumbai local for more than a dozen times, I'm still afraid of the crowd it has.
This time the responsibility of a girl added to my fear.
But apan sakht hai.. Mar jaenge pr chehre pr darr nahi dikhayenge.. (I'm strong, I'll die but will never let the fear reflect on my face) 😛

Journey is - the story between stations


Thus, we got hold of the handle & as expected the crowd had a surgical strike on us. The attack was so devastating, that my body was no less than an empty Pichku ketchup sachet. I can barely imagine the condition of that girl mobbed all around. 
With little efforts, I managed to make my way towards her through the throng & then protecting her from the mob.
No, I was not trying to act like Hero!
But the situation demands me to do so.

A few stations passed, couple of uncles asked us being concerned, where were we going? And thus suggested us to head towards gate or else the crowd won't allow us to step out of the train on the desired station.
We somehow got hold of each other's hand and managed to land on the platform with our bags alongside.

Time was running fast than our nerve signals. The girl was panicking but was having faith in me. I told her that the train is 20 minutes late, just to make her feel calm and relaxed. She might've thought, how dumb this boy is! How can a train be late at its origin station?! 😅
Yeah, little silly! but with no options left, I had to console her with whatever I could manage to think at that time.

Our bags swept the whole platform, searching for the exit gate, and our hands clenched so tight that it starts sweating after a certain period of time, but we got hold of each other till we had a seat in our taxi to LTT.
Arriving at LTT station, we collected our remaining luggage from the cloak-room & board the train on the last minute with mixed emotions.

Now seating at the window, I started thinking with deep breaths.
Sometimes, when your dear ones left you in between, try & trust a stranger. I assure, you will regain your trust in mankind or will learn another lesson. 
But you'll not feel hurt this time, coz it's a stranger whose little can be more to us, at least more than the close ones.

Thanks to that girl for the trust & cooperation in this "Operation Onboarding". 😜
Looking forward to experiencing some more exciting journeys the next time, for me to learn from life or to add one more stranger in my friends' list.


Hey ya, thanks for following my blog all up to here at the end.

I hope y'all like it.

Please hit the FOLLOW button on the upper left corner to get in touch with the latest blogs and writings OR follow the page on Facebook - The DrunkKalam 😍


Craving for your love...

ABOUT ME  |  CONTACT ME

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. For it ain't easy to bring liveliness through your words, I felt like I'm living the whole scenario!
    Waiting for more such innovative and inspiring blogs❤

    #happyreaders🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know this 😃😊

      Thank You so much 💕
      #HappyReading

      Delete
  2. It's Really Amazing😍😍 waiting For More Blog's! ❤#Happyreaders😍🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Janvi 😍

      I'll try my best to make your wait fruitful 😃😊

      Delete

Leave us your reviews

You might also like to read this -