Thursday 8 April 2021

The Delhi Diary - Part III

Contents:

Part I -

1.  Dream to visit
2.  Let's give it a try
3.  Yes! I got a call letter
4.  Pre-departure Drama
      4.1. The domestic tussle
      4.2. The collegiate contention

Part II -

5.  The Travel Tale
6.  Hustle for address
7.  At the MP's residence house
8.  Search for shelter
9.  The Fighting Father
10. Inside NITI
     10.1. Work
     10.2. Life with colleagues

Part III-

11. Bruhan Maharashtra Bhawan
      11.1. Life at BMB
      11.2. New Friends
12. Exploring Delhi
      12.1. "New" Delhi
      12.2. The other side of Delhi
13. Time to Leave
14. Life after Internship



PART III

Hi folks,
I hope you're here after reading the first two blogs of the series.
If NO, please click on the below links to visit those blogs -

11. Bruhan Maharashtra Bhawan

      11.1. Life at BMB
    
      As I mentioned earlier that I was residing at Bruhan Maharashtra Bhawan (BMB) in Paharganj area, which was actually for someone who visits Delhi for short duration, but we need to stay for a whole one and a half months.
my bed @ BMB
It was not a big task for us to convince them, as there were already few people living at the same place for over 11 years.
Yes, even I was shocked!

We used to get morning breakfast with tea and dinner.
Breakfast has only two dishes included, which were given every alternate days. One day Poha & the other day Upma.

Let me be a cheap food blogger here by describing the poha & upma in detail😅
The upma was something which we prefer to drink, than to eat. It was thin textured and ofcourse tasteless.
And the Poha, well enriched with oil. 
I think the amount of oil they would've used in Poha was probably double the quantity with which they used to make curry.

I usually never woke up early when there was upma in breakfast. Also, I never had Chai, as I'm coffee person.

The meal was relatively good, as much as the people there.

some blurred views from terrace of BMB,
which I used to look for hours

I used to sit on terrace watching the traffic jam at Paharganj square, with a pen and paper in my hand or sometimes headphones on.

     11.2. New Friends

     I used to sleep on floor with 25-30 people in a big giant hall. My bed was beside Pathak Ji, the person who was there for 11 years, who was working in Press Trust of India (PTI). 
The other one was working as a Journalist from Bhopal. 
One more from Yavatmal, was there for studying Share Market, while the other was a Kendriya Vidyalaya teacher who was fighting his case in court.

There was a person from Sangli, named Mohd. Riyaj who was there to present his research paper in IIT Delhi.

I also met a person from Nashik, who was an entrepreneur. His company was creating different types of sensors, and was ofcourse the most sensible person I met there.

We used to roam around BMB after dinner. Somedays we used to sit on chairs talking about life & each other's experiences. I was not qualified for such talks but I did so.

12. Exploring Delhi

      12.1. "New" Delhi

      New Delhi was actually something to feel awe about. The administrative buildings and most of the major organization's headquarters were there in New Delhi. 
It was clean, planned and sophisticated. The people there were all professionals.

Jama Masjid, Delhi


Red fort, New Delhi

More than half of my day was spent in New Delhi, where I explored the Lotus Temple, Rashtrapati Bhavan, Vigyaan Bhawan, Red fort, Akshardhaam Temple. I also observed Namaz at one of the biggest Mosque of India, the Jama Masjid, that too on Eid (Eid-ul-fitr). 

Illusion at Vigyaan Bhawan, New Delhi

Each of these places can have a seperate blog of my experience during the visit. Let's keep it all for some other day. 😉

     12.2. The other side of Delhi

      The other side of Delhi is not only the old Delhi (Puraani Dilli) but the other side of the same city which I experienced.

I used to commute from Paharganj to Sansad Marg in bus. You just have to assume that in the bus full of passengers, there are definitely 5-6 pocket pickers in the same bus.

I have seen incidents happening in front of me, but no one gives a damn, coz they need to travel everyday, the same route.

One day while roaming around BMB, a person was all surrounded by 3 thieves and the one who was with me said that, keep an eye on him, something is going to happen, and he was right. That person was robbed.

The other day a lady lost her handbag to thief & no one was there to be the hero or to help her. They were all used to such happenings and they didn't even bothered to give it a look. 

One day on Saturday, me and Gaurav bhaiya went on a walk and had ice-cream. Two boys came and snatched the icecream and insisted us to come and take it back. Then Gaurav bhaiya left it and we went back to BMB & he said, या लोकांशी वाद नाही घालायचा, हा त्यांचा इलाका आहे (never mess with these people, it's their territory)

I again explored Cannaught Place and almost all the chor bazars including Sadar Bazar, Chandani Chauk, Palika Bazaar, Sarojini Market and Karol Bagh.
Again the experience there is a different one, altogether. (Puri kaahani hai boss)

Oh, this was everything outside BMB, but I lost my Comb, Mobile charger and even my Baniyaan in BMB. 😅

13. Time to Leave

I was sad when my dad left Delhi just after 3-4 days of stay, but this time I was even more sad, coz it was my time to say goodbye to this city.

We interns offered a small gift to our domain head & he said, "Hamare 4 saal bache hai retirement ke liye, tb tak Delhi me kbhi bhi kuch bhi kaam ho toh yaad krna" (I have 4 years before retirement, till then whenever you've any work in Delhi, feel free to reach out to me).
We felt good with those words, I collected my Internship certificate & left the office.

On the other side, I had friends at BMB of varying age. They were used to such scenarios of saying goodbyes. I feel happy to share that I'm still in touch with few of them.

The last night at BMB was the toughest for me, I haven't slept for more than an hour that night. 
I was just staring at the street light outside the window, which was hitting straight in my eyes, and I was awake till the sunlight hit me from the same window.

FROM night  ------ TILL morning


With double the weight of shopping for my family members & me being alone, I dragged it all to New Delhi railways station.

The bags were heavy, but my heart was even heavier.
It was all mixed feelings, which can't be expressed in words.

14. Life after Internship


After Internship, my parents were proud & they used to tell every relatives about my internship & I was like, no papa, please!

My teachers were happy & proud. They flagged my name on Notice board with a Congratulations message.
I saw a change in me & a change in others around me as well.
This internship helped me crack many interviews thereafter.

I wish, everyone should get a chance to explore something beyond their comfort zone, an unknown city, numerous challenges & tons of experiences with millions of memories.

It just opens up your mind. It widens your perspective towards the same life & it gives you a feeling that you're no less that others. It's just that you haven't tried yet.

Life is what you get from it, the learnings & the experiences, so enjoy every single challenge you get, coz you know, right? That's life.

Leave the rest, just give your best!
More power to you!
.
.
.

Hey there, thanks for following my blog all up to here at the end.

I hope y'all like it.

Please hit the FOLLOW button on the upper left corner to get in touch with the latest blogs and writings OR follow the page on Facebook - The DrunkKalam 😍


Craving for your love...

ABOUT ME  |  CONTACT ME

Happy Reading!


17 comments:

  1. Someone here writes well,you know!Read the entire series in a go! Loved it,write more!✨💫

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! 😅
      Thanks a lot Aditi 😃✨

      #YouAreOneOfTheBestWriterInMyList 😎

      Delete
    2. Thankyou Sir!You're just being modest!☺️

      Delete
  2. Awesome❤waiting For More Blog's!❤😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Janvi!
      Will write again, soon 😃🥰

      Delete
  3. You know Pratik, I still remember ice cream snatchers face����������...... Bhukkd chor hota����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe!
      Even I remember 😛

      That day I was like, bhaisaaab aisa bhi kuch hota hai 😅😅
      Such small but terrifying moments made me remember & relive the Puraani Delhi even more. 😃

      #DelhiDilwaloKiHai
      #but
      #DelhiMeSabDilwaleNahiHai

      Delete
  4. Great journey!😍
    Wanna go Delhi to experience bit of things like your journey🤗😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe 😅
      Please do visit Chandani Chaouk & Sarojini Bazar, there's the real fun 😛
      #ThanksBTW ✨

      Delete
  5. Reading your blogs, I can literally picturise the whole thing happening in front me. Thanks for sharing your experiences and those last lines of the blog. They were just awesome. It feels so good after reading the whole series.
    All the best for your journey ahed. More power to you and yes, keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Dear Unknown 🥰😃
      Do visit again to read more 🤗

      #HappyReading ✨

      Delete
  6. Loved reading it! The phrases you've used at places, are so so relatable. Would love to know more of your such experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ya,
      Thank You so much Purva 😍

      Will let you know about more experiences, may be some trek experiences, next time. 😃
      #HappyReading ✨

      Delete

Leave us your reviews

You might also like to read this -