Wednesday 16 June 2021

Tata Consultancy Services - Ninja to Digital



Hi there,

I hope y'all are doing well.

Life is being tough now a days, isn't it?

In fact it was never easy for someone surviving in IT industry, working their ass off for some pennies to receive at the month-end, which saves them from a month-long debt & to cover the same ass for next few days.

The condition is even worse when you have a loan overhead. 

The condition is double worse when you are in your early twenties, a typical middle class fresher serving an average paying MNC.


I'm the one!

I'm that one typical middle class fresher serving in an average paying MNC.

Initially it was all rainbows & butterflies in our training period. I thought the struggle is over & now is the peace ahead. But I was not known that the struggle I had till now is Ananya Didi wala struggle. 😅

The interesting fact is, I'm destined in a way that I don't have to wait longer for any horrible experience in my life, same was the case in TCS.

The day I received my ILP (Initial Learning Programme) release letter, I was tagged in a project, with an XYZ retail client based out of UK. 

Nai re! UK nai jaana pdta. 😂

Joining the daily scrum call, we need to observe the working in the early days. 20 days in-project training & boom we are ON for work.

I just started the job & I was looking for a job switch simultaneously. Can you imagine my mindset at that time. To be frank enough, I was never happy being placed in TCS! 

But when I started working, I got to know that I was offered to work with best of technologies in market (Cloud & DevOps with Python).


Okay, so all Happy Happy!

But what about salary? 

As I said, being from a lower middle class family, you value money more than usual, so did I.

I started finding alternatives to get myself promoted or to seek some rewards for adding more pennies in my pocket.

For this wish of mine, there wouldn't have been any better (service based) company than TCS for offering me a chance to elevate myself with just a test & an interview. 

Sounds cool, right?


I started preparing for this exam named DCA (Digital Cadre Assessment). I wanted it desperately, but now that I'm working, I barely got time for myself. My project manager wants us to login at India timing & sign out according to UK timing, harsh isn't it?

Not as much as you think, we used to login at 11:30 AM, so I have had the morning time to prepare for this test.

As I was little good with aptitude & reasoning, a friend of mine suggested me to focus on coding section & go through some Data Structures & Algorithm (DSA) implementation level questions. 

I did so.


I left no room for error & get myself polished upon the basics of Aptitude by solving couple of questions from almost every topic, be it Profit&Loss, Percentages, TimeSpeed&Distance, BoatStream Problems, etc.

I hop over to platforms likes LeetCode, Hackerrank, etc, but I didn't managed to do much as expected.


On my way to Nagpur, I was so scared & was feeling nervous that I started revision of aptitude shortcuts sitting on the back seat of bike.

Ohh sorry, did I forgot to mention that my Exam Centre was TCS iON center, Nagpur.

Thus, the exam goes well otherwise except the compiler issues (TCS's speciality), which boggles the minds of everyone there. Everyone was frustrated.

Let's put some light on Quote of the Decade :

If you can overcome TCS compiler, you can do anything in life. 😛

As expected, our exams were rescheduled and this time I got the exam center close to my hometown.

Here as well the exam goes well, as earlier.


Let me highlight the fact that, Numerical Ability was the toughest of all 4 section at my time.

To rank all four sections in decreasing order of complexity, it goes like -

  1. Numerical Ability
  2. Reasoning Skills
  3. Coding Section
  4. Verbal Ability
I passed all 10 test cases of 2 programming questions and performed above average in other sections.

A month later we got the result & a month later of which we had our interviews & a month later of which we got probable selection mails.

Keeping the trend in place, again almost a month later we got our compensation letter. 💲💰


Keeping the money part aside, you are also elevated from Assistant System Engineer: Trainee position (Y grade) System Engineer position (C1 grade).



Each of us wants a chance to prove our worth outside the academic world and I think, there's no better option for any TCSer to do so. 

Just excel & scale. It's that simple! 😃

Want to know the Interview experience in detail?

Will catch you in next blog. 👉🏻 Click Here

Tata Consultancy Services : Digital Interview


Hey there, thanks for following my blog all up to here at the end.

I hope y'all like it.

Please hit the FOLLOW button on the upper left corner to get in touch with the latest blogs and writings and follow my page on Facebook - The DrunkKalam 😍


Craving for your love...

ABOUT ME  |  CONTACT ME

Happy Reading!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much pratik sir for sharing this experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl, don't call me sir!
      All the best for your assessment, make the best out of it. 😃

      If needed, I'm always there ✌🏻✨

      Delete
  2. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed... cb marketing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for giving so much of Information. Proti Solutions offer quality Digital Marketing Services for Small Business.

    Mobile Apps Development Usa

    ReplyDelete

Leave us your reviews

You might also like to read this -