Thursday 17 June 2021

Tata Consultancy Services : Digital Interview


So, I hope you're here after reading the first blog of this series.

If not, then give it a quick read 👉🏻 CLICK HERE

TCS - Ninja to Digital


Now that I've managed to get shortlisted for the interview round, I made my mind clear, that it's now or never, to put some extra efforts for seeking some peace within myself & a bigger peace of pie in my pocket.


I got my research done, for what to study & what not for the interview round. There I came across a video where I was told to study DSA, in depth.

I started preparing for the interview, on & off. 

One fine day, I received a call from HR saying that she's going to schedule my interview 2 days later & what she asked me, was to send a single page description about myself. 

I thought what would be better than a single page resume. So, I updated my resume sent it to her.

There was a person looped in the mail for WebEx meet invite. I presumed him to be my interviewer, which later turned out to be correct & obvious.

I stalked his profile on LinkedIn to get a taste of his career for better understanding of him & his competencies. 

Guess what, he was a 22 years experience holder, a senior manager with expertise in Big Data, DevOps, Cloud Computing & Shell Scripting.

I was half dead the moment I saw this.

I was optimistic though, but little nervous within.


So, it was the day of interview, morning 09:30. I'm all fresh & confident.

He threw me a question & the shooting began.


Wait wait wait.

I need to mention the experience of other Digital aspirants who had their interview prior to mine.

95% of which were saying that they were asked the HR questions, no more no less.

I was losing focus 'cause of such reviews.

Only 4-5 on whom I knew were asked technical questions. Rest all had their interviews wrapped up in 5-10 minutes with less than 5 questions.

Introduce yourself & What is your T-factor? were the most common of all.

So, I made a hasty run on Fresco Play to increase my T-factor somehow, & so did I managed to get some respectable score to put in the interview, if asked.

Back to the interview day, I was not even asked to introduce myself.

The first question was on DevOps (CI/CD Pipelines). Now take a pause & recall the reviews of other aspirants & now get a taste of my interview questions hereafter, one by one.

LIST OF QUESTIONS:


  1. You know DevOps? What are CI/CD pipelines?
  2. You worked on ML projects? explain any one to me with algorithm.
  3. What is sentimental analysis?
  4. Explain Naive Bayes Algorithm.
  5. What is Big Data according to you.?
  6. How Big Data plays it's role in your research paper?
  7. Explain your current client project & your role.
  8. Scenario : If there is a requirement task on Azure Cloud & you don't know anything about it. Your senior team members know Azure but they are not ready to take up that task. What would you do in such situation? 
  9. Tell me some challenging situations you faced in project, where you are appreciated.
  10. Explain me about IoT. Have you done any project. If yes, explain it.
  11. What is Tuple in Python
  12. What are inner join & outer join in SQL
  13. How would you establish connection of your webD project to your database on cloud.
  14. Which cloud services you're using in your project right now?
  15. Have you done any deployment? (I said yes & I have one more deployment to do after this interview, so at the end of interview he wished me best luck for the deployment 😛 )
  16. What is your overall Tech Stack.?
  17. Where you see yourself 5 years down the line?
  18. Certifications (internal/external), if any?
  19. Competitions & Hackathons you participated in?
  20. Any question for me.


Then a pretty HR comes in picture 😛

She asked just one question-

 21. Are you happy with TCS? & With your project?


That is it!

I asked the interviewer, which learning path to follow to mark my feet in Cloud Computing, for which he guided really well. His experience was actually reflecting in his words.

Thus, we had an end to the interview.

I was sure that it went well, but just to be sure I waited a month more & good news blessed my eyes with a mail in my inbox.


Thus, please mark my words -  If I CAN, then you DEFINITELY CAN !

Give it a try, the best try.

PS : My motivation was the increment I get in CTC, but you guys focus on learning 😛


Hey there, thanks for following my blog all up to here at the end.

I hope y'all like it.

Please hit the FOLLOW button on the upper left corner to get in touch with the latest blogs and writings and follow my page on Facebook - The DrunkKalam 😍


Craving for your love...

ABOUT ME  |  CONTACT ME

Happy Reading!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing such a informative and useful blog post. I hope that you and your family will good. I really appreciate you instafasto

    ReplyDelete

Leave us your reviews

You might also like to read this -